The Board of Education approved a mandatory School Uniform Policy for all kindergarten through grade 8 students beginning September 1996. This decision was strongly supported by a parent survey. Students are expected to wear uniforms daily. Non-uniform days will be announced. Please note that on such days, students are expected to dress according to district standards with no prohibited attire.
Jackets/Coats/Sweaters/Cardigans/Sweatshirts (pullover or zipper style):
- No tank tops, no bike shorts/leggings, no baggy pants, no short shorts/skirts, no mid-calf shorts, and no sweat pants.
- Gang-related attire, clothing which depicts tobacco/alcohol products, inappropriate messages/graphics, baggy clothing, tight or low-cut clothing, and no bare-midriff clothing.
- Baggy pants definition: waistline "more than 2 inches larger than the natural waist"
- Shoes, clothing, hairstyle, jewelry, or make-up which are distracting or unsafe are not permitted.
- Open footwear such as thongs, sandals, go-aheads, backless or soft-soled shoes (jellies) are unacceptable.
- Be clean and neat, i.e. no big holes in pants.
- Colored glasses are not acceptable at school, except in emergency medical situations with written permission.
- Caps and hats are not to be worn in the classroom.
- Make-up: light use of cosmetics and nail polish in light colors (not red, brown, black, etc.) are permitted in seventh and eighth grade.